Tuesday, May 13, 2014

completely complete.

It's Tuesday.
A blog post day.
And I had a plan.
I wrote an outline on Saturday.

It was going to be about Hawaii and the helicopter ride and facing fears and all sorts of good analogies from the day after the marathon.

All day I had the draft on my screen.
Waiting to be written.

But it felt forced. 
Scripted.
And it wasn't flowing.

So I tossed it.

There is something I want to share though.
Something that flowed from the SPIRIT last night as I sat in my living room surrounded by a dozen beautiful teenage girls who are seeking the LORD with me. 

It was this Truth, whispered by HIS breath into the very center of my being:

Where you are lacking, you are still completely complete in ME.

For the girl who is nervous about leaving home, going to college, and all it will bring.
Where she is lacking, she is still completely complete in HIM.

For the girl who is struggling to trust HIM.
Where she is lacking, she is still completely complete in HIM.

For the one who is new in her journey, unsure of how to see HIM, how to hear HIM, how to know HIM.
Where she is lacking, she is still completely complete in HIM.

For each of us.
In any struggle.
Any fear.
Any feeling of "not enough."
In our sins.
In our weakness.
In our arrogance.
In our skewed perspectives.

Where you are lacking, you are still completely complete in HIM.

Maybe you need to hear that today.
If you do, I pray that the words are coming into your heart, clearing away guilt and shame and fear, and making room for HIS beautiful, scandalous grace to flood your entire being.

"Do not be afraid or discouraged.  For the LORD your GOD is with you wherever you go."




No comments:

Post a Comment