Thursday, January 1, 2015

it's a new year.

As is the nature of this time of year, I've found myself reflecting upon years past as I dream about the year ahead.

Each year the LORD leads me into January with a new word to use as a lens for the days and life ahead.
2013 - choose better
2014 - free

What is 2015?
What has all of this been leading toward?

Choosing.
Learning how to say "no" so I can reach a better "yes".
Discipline.  Training.
Healthier physically, emotionally, mentally, relationally.

2013 made me stronger.
Then 2014 was a heightened playing field, putting all of that discipline, health, and strength to good use.

If 2013 was training, 2014 was the war.
It was the battle.
It was the marathon I'd have the opportunity to endure, all the while making me better and more alive for it.

And I was free.
Free to try.
Not held back by fear of failure.
Free to thrive.
Not held back by hopes of the future and all the unknowns.

I was free to say yes.
In so many beautiful ways.
Free to say yes to the scary dark places the LORD led me through.
Free to step up to opening doors.
Free to encounter all that is waiting on the other side with GOD.
Trust without borders through it all.

Now, as I turn and reflect, 2014 is behind me.
That doorway has closed.

I have stepped through.
I took the leap.
And I've entered a whole new world.

A new season.
A new space.
New situations, scenarios.
A new partner alongside me.

It truly is a new year.

All things new.

There is loss in newness.
There is grief and pain.
But the letting go is worth it.
The open hands, free, are positioned for the better.

The time has come.

All things new.

I feel those words.
Weighted with Truth.
Beauty.
Potential.

All things new.

Blooming with the aroma of redemption and the Light of the SON.

All things new.

LORD, my hands are open.
Free.  Trained.  Ready to step further into the place YOU lead me.
The room is dark...
but a Light is dawning.

Spring, as promised, will come.

All things new.

No comments:

Post a Comment